OK, that’s not quite the topic for today, but close enough! One of the two topics posted for today is: 5 things in your backpack/purse/briefcase/tote bag.
Well… I could tell you 5 things in my purse, but that would be boring, and totally unrelated to anything on this blog. I think the point is, what are 5 things a teacher can’t live without having at all times. Here’s my list:
1. My Surface RT – you can click on that to find out why I always have it with me when I go to work.
2. My school calendar. Every summer, we get a calendar pre-printed with our training dates, PLC meetings, payroll due dates, and dates that school is closed, we have conferences, etc. I refer to this calendar often! I also have the entire school year’s plans for centers, the homework assignments and dates, and the list of objectives we assess tucked inside the calendar. Lots of important info for me there.
3. Hand lotion. As many times as we wash our hands a day, my hands get really dry. Lotion is a must!
4. Advil. I love my job. I love preschoolers. That doesn’t stop me from getting headaches almost daily. I usually end up taking 2 ibuprofin around lunch time.
5. My laptop. Until I get my laptop and Surface synced, I usually have my laptop with me to work on before school or during lunch. I never know when I might need access to my files.
Bonus item 6. Chocolate. You never know when you just might need a little chocolate to help you through the day! 😉